Welcome to the Marine Mammal and wildlife Research and Community Development Expedition blog where you can keep up to date with all the happenings and information from Kenya

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Mkwiro Primary School's new logo

It has been now two weeks that I am working in Mkwiro and I must say that I am enjoying my work more and more every day. As a matter of fact, the school is now closed for holidays and I was a little bit scared that I would not have a lot to do. Well, I was wrong! There is always something going on, somewhere to go or something to learn. Besides, the fact that the school is closed gave me and Mr Ali, (Standard 1 Teacher) the chance to continue painting the school’s walls and improving the school learning environment. A Lot was done already and the school has now a beautiful alphabet painted on the wall outside Standard 1 and a colourful world map on the side wall. But one thing that remained to do was to paint the school logo at the entrance: a beautiful book in front of a bright yellow sun and a deep blue sea, not to forget the school motto, Education is Light, all designed by Mr Ali and an ex-volunteer.
Almost finished....


Julie painting the new logo
We have been working on the logo for the last two days now and finally today we could enjoy the fruits of our labour. I had an amazing time painting and chatting with Mr Ali, exchanging ideas and learning about Mkwiro while trying to follow the lines and not put paint all over my clothes! The result is amazing (and I am trying to be objective when I say this). Besides, it is another step towards reaching one of the goals set in the school’s three year development plan – creating a positive learning environment. I cannot wait to start painting the rest of the school and keep on working on the school development plan with the teachers!

Julie Barrot De Brito - Mkwiro Community Field Staff

Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments: